Tiling is something you see every day, so it can be hard to notice its slowly deteriorating condition. Foot
traffic, exposure to moisture, and dropped food can quickly lead to dingy and grime-laden flooring.
While you may not like how your tile looks when you finally notice, there is a bigger problem at hand
than just the aesthetic of your home.
Dirty tiling is an easy home for bacteria, germs, and mold. And they are nearly impossible to evict with store-bought cleaning supplies.
Unlike bacteria, mold is fairly easy to notice. This makes many people believe they can clean it
themselves by just removing the visible traces of mold. That is a dangerous assumption. While removing mold from the surface of your tile can restore some of its luster, there is still dead mold spores living in your tiling. Even dead spores are an allergenic and can trigger respiratory problems or rashes.
You may be tempted to attempt a self-cleaning with the strongest chemicals you can get your hands on.
However, even bleach-based products will not fully remove contaminants from your tiling. It is best to leave the job to professional cleaners with industrial grade solvents and high-power cleaners. Not only
will they remove harmful substances and return the original color of your tiling, but they will provide sealing services to protect your flooring against future problems.